Friday, April 20, 2018

Macquarie Philippines Interview Experience

I applied for a Settlements position at Macquarie (Makati, Philippines) and underwent 3 interviews before receiving a job offer.

First was the HR interview. They asked me to tell about myself and how I got to know about the position. They also asked why was I applying at their company and what do I know about the role and their organization. It was a comfortable interview and I was endorsed to the hiring managers.

For the hiring managers' interview, there were two sets. If I remember, the first one was with team leader and the second was with a manager. It should've been a single interview but the manager was not at the office so it was set for another date. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct position terms but the second one was with the boss of the team leader. Anyways, I think you get what I mean.

Questions they asked also included what HR asked - Walk them through my resume, why I'm applying for this position, why did I choose Macquarie, and so on.

They also asked why should they hire me or what makes me different from other applicants. They also asked "If for example Macquarie gave you a job offer while other companies such as JP Morgan, Deutsche, etc. also gave the same job offer for the same position, would you still accept Macquarie? If yes, why?" There's also that part where they want to know what my friends/colleagues/boss think of me, and what I think I need to improve on. They also requested for me to narrate a time I encountered a problem and how I dealt with it. Another is whether I think of myself as a team player or not and how do I go about a conflict with someone at work. The way they asked is somewhat different. You need to be quick in reading between the lines what exactly are they asking and would want to hear.

Last part was them clarifying if I'm fine with working on a shifting schedule.

Hope this helps out anyone preparing for an interview.

In case you're wondering if I accepted the job offer, I didn't. Why? By the time they told me I passed, I already got hired by a different company and already started there. It took almost a month before I heard from them.

1 comment:

Best Cashback Credit Card in the Philippines 2024

For someone like me who often forgets to redeem credit card rewards points or perhaps unable to do so due to high redemption requirement, I ...